Maine Things-To-Do Family Vacation Activities
There is plenty to do in Maine! Find family-friendly activities, art, entertainment and adventure. Follow the links below for some ideas on things-to-do during your Maine vacation. Ask us about Maine Vacation Activities or share comments. To feature your Maine business, contact us.
York's Wild Kingdom, P.O. Box 1139, York Beach, ME 03910 | 207-363-4911
New England's Only Zoo AND Amusement Park. A family oriented zoo and amusement park conveniently located in York Beach, Maine. Stroll and view a large number of beautifully landscaped animal exhibits; numerous rides for all ages plus food and ice cream stands, gift shops and so more. A day of family fun and walking distance to a clean sandy beach! View dozens of live animals from near and far. Sorry, Pets are not allowed in the Zoo but are allowed (on leash) in the Amusement Park. Open Seasonally May-Sept. View website for details and hours.
Visit York's Wild Kingdom Website
Ogunquit Playhouse, 10 Main Street, US Route 1, Ogunquit, ME 03907 | Downtown Box Office 207-646-5511
America's Foremost Summer Theater began in a renovated garage in Ogunquit's town square in 1933. Ogunquit Playhouse is dedicated to producing the finest shows ever to appear on Broadway stages. Visit the web site to see this years show schedule and purchase tickets online.
Visit Ogunquit Playhouse
Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, 132 Botanical Gardens Drive, Off Barters Island Road, Boothbay, ME 04537 | 207-633-8000
Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens is a natural wonder of shorefront on the mid-coast Maine. Stroll 270 acres through spectacular ornamental gardens and miles of waterfront and woodland trails. Beautiful foliage, plantings, impressive stonework, waterfalls and fountains, and scenic views. One of Maine's top attractions. The Gardens are open 9-5 April 15 - October 31 (open until 6 pm in July and August). There is a cafe and gift shop on site.
Visit Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens
Sewall House Yoga Retreat, 1027 Crystal Road (PO Box 254), Island Falls, Maine 04747 | 1-646-316-5151
The Sewall House Yoga Retreat remains in the family and to this day continues the hospitality begun by Levi Sewall (who settled Island Falls and is William's father). Donna Davidge, the fifth generation in the house, runs the lovely old place as a yoga retreat, splitting her time between Island Falls, Maine and New York City.
Visit Sewall House Yoga Retreat - Island Falls, ME
- Skiing in Maine
- Hiking in Maine
- Golfing in Maine
- Fishing in Maine
- Snowmobiling in Maine
- Enjoy Maine’s fall foliage
- Visit a Maine Museum
- Visit a Maine Country Fair or Exposition
- Stay at a Romantic Maine Inn
- Discover a Great Maine Restaurant
- Visit Maine’s lighthouses
- Go Car Shopping
- Stay at a cozy Maine Inn
- Shop at a Maine Farmers’ Market
- Visit a Maine tourist attraction
- Go camping in Maine
- Get Married! Have a great Maine Wedding
- Watch Maple Syrup being made
- Support the Arts! Visit a Maine Theater or Playhouse
- Bring your pet along
- Go House Hunting
- Visit an Annual Maine Event
- Visit a Maine Antique Store or Craft Center
- Visit a Maine Resort
- Visit a Maine State Park or campground
- Enjoy a weekend Shopping Spree
- Take a ride in an Airplane to view Maine’s scenery!
- Go to a summer camp
- Visit a Maine Farm Stand or Apple Orchard
- Go Swimming! Find a Maine swimming hole or beach
- Visit a Maine Maple Sugar House
- Go to movie! Visit a Maine cinema, movie or drive-in theatre